Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Deck frame going up!


This weekend, a buddy of mine across the street volunteered to help with the building process. It was much appreciated (thanks, Jonathan!) as putting up the joists would have been a bear alone. He and I got plywood for the floor. I mis-calculated and was one sheet short. I had to take the kids back to HD. They are getting quite excited now that they can see the platform. Next is placing the plywood - tricky because I didn't check the diagonals on the deck frame, so I question how square it is. Hmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this is fun. It is fun to watch the progress, but it is probably more fun when you have done the work yourself and can look at it and see what you've accomplished. If I was your kid, I would be WAY EXCITED, because then I would be getting my own real (tree) estate! When are they having friends over for tea? Count me in. I'll bring the muffins and bagels.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the input. You are my first (1st!) real blog entry. I have some other pix I will post soon!